4.27.2006

No Contact

Well, this is the hard part. Or maybe it is simply the part where I repress feelings. I certainly think about her a lot. What is Jessie up to? What is Bhutan really like? Well outside of my experiences no doubt and I certainly don't trust the images of Himalayan countries as portrayed by Hollywood to give me any real clue.

Once Jessie landed in Bangkok, I lost the ability to track her flights. Druk Air, the national airline of Bhutan, doesn't have flight status information available on their website. So, I can only assume that she made it to Calcutta and then from there to Paro, Bhutan. She was scheduled to arrive in Paro 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 25 (11:00 p.m. on Monday, April 24 EDT).

By now, she has been in the Himalayas, in this mountain, Buddhist nation on her pilgrimage for about 2-1/2 days. I'll bet it feels like she's in another world. I pray that this pilgrimage is one of enlightenment, joy, and growth.

I will be able to track Jessie back to Cleveland once she leaves Bangkok (after a flight from Paro to Calcutta and back to Bangkok) at 1:20 a.m. May 7 (2:20 p.m. on May 6 EDT).

Until then, she is on another planet and in another world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View Comments Policy at http://www.timgraves.us/p/comments-policy.html